[Openvas-discuss] openvas issue

Sudhakar Maiya smaiya at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:02:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am  testing openvas on rhel6.0 and I downloaded/installed all packages.

But I am not able start openvas-manager, and I can see the login
information says that OMP service is down.

Can some one help me on this.

Log file

OpenVAS Manager 3.0.1

Manager DB revision 56

Copyright (C) 2010 Greenbone Networks GmbH

        OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 3.0.1.

Checking OpenVAS Manager client certificate ...

        OK: OpenVAS Manager client certificate is present as
/var/lib/openvas/CA/clientcert.pem.

Checking OpenVAS Manager database ...

        OK: OpenVAS Manager database found in /var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db.

Checking access rights of OpenVAS Manager database ...

        OK: Access rights for the OpenVAS Manager database are correct.

Checking sqlite3 presence ...

        OK: sqlite3 found, extended checks of the OpenVAS Manager
installation enabled.

Checking OpenVAS Manager database revision ...

        OK: OpenVAS Manager database is at revision 56.

Checking database revision expected by OpenVAS Manager ...

        OK: OpenVAS Manager expects database at revision 56.

        OK: Database schema is up to date.

Checking OpenVAS Manager database (NVT data) ...

        ERROR: The number of NVTs in the OpenVAS Manager database is too
low.

        FIX: Make sure OpenVAS Scanner is running with an up-to-date NVT
collection and run 'openvasmd --rebuild'.

Regards

Sudhakar