[Openvas-discuss] openvas4 scanning vhosts

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:02:49 CEST 2012

I wanted double check, isn't there a patch or a workaround? I have 3 dtc
servers hosting more than 150 vhosts, and i'd like to scan all of them, i
don't have any problem in creating 150 openvas targets with each vhost. I
know i am being a bit annoying, but im trying to use openvas as the main
tool for getting my degree. Thanks guys!

2012/5/28 Scott Damron <sdamron at gmail.com>

> Well...you never mention anything about scanning vhosts in your first
> question.  The more info you provide, the more accurate the answers will be.
> On May 28, 2012 3:54 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>
>> what do you mean with "host records are correct"?
>> if you mean matching PTR -> no, no and again: no
>> it is a bgu in openvas that if you configure
>> a hostname as target the default vhost is accessed
>> due missing host headers from the scanner
>>
>> Am 28.05.2012 22:31, schrieb Scott Damron:
>> > You need take sure the open as server can resolve DNS.  If using
>> internal DNS servers, make sure your host records
>> > are correct.
>> >
>> > On May 28, 2012 2:28 PM, "Juan José Pavlik Salles" <jjpavlik at gmail.com<mailto:
>> jjpavlik at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     Hi, is it possible to make openvas scan a server with its hostname
>> instead of its IP address? I've created a
>> >     target with its hostname but it doesn't work.

Pavlik Juan José