[Openvas-discuss] openvas4 scanning vhosts

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:35:35 CEST 2012

Hi again, i've reading some code and found this:

hostname = (char *) plug_get_host_fqdn (script_infos);

in openvas-libraries-4.0.7/nasl/nasl_http.c and as far as i've read, the
hash has several values, and one of them is the hostname value, so i could
do this next change:

      /*hostname = (char *) plug_get_host_fqdn (script_infos); i really
wanna check Host: hostname, instead of Host: fqdn(host_ip)*/
      hostname = (char *) plug_get_host_name (script_infos);

I haven't tried it yet, i think i will do it today, any suggestions???

2012/5/30 Michael Meyer <michael.meyer at greenbone.net>

> *** Juan José Pavlik Salles wrote:
>
> > Hi, is it possible to make openvas scan a server with its hostname
> instead
> > of its IP address? I've created a target with its hostname but it doesn't
> > work.
>
> See the "Vhosts" and "Vhost IP" option. Something like
>
> vhosts_ip = 192.168.1.2
> vhosts = virtual1,virtual2
>
> should work. See
>
> http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-devel/2010-June/002268.html
> .
>
> You don't need to edit the openvassd.conf as described there. Just
> edit a "Scan Config".
>
> HTH
>
> Micha
>
> --
> Michael Meyer                            OpenPGP Key: 52A6EFA6
> http://www.greenbone.net/
> Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG
> Osnabrück, HR B 202460
> Geschäftsführer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

Pavlik Juan José