[Openvas-discuss] RAM usage limitation

William Scott Lockwood III scott at guppylog.com
Mon Dec 9 16:03:32 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Paula Gonzalez Muñoz <p.gonmu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found that the synchronization does not cause any problem... and
> scanning target by target is not really a solution for us since we have to
> perform scans out of office hours on over 30 servers (and increasing).
>
> Regards,
> Paula

Target by target isn't the issue. Define your range (30 servers is
tiny compared to what I'm scanning) but limit the number of concurrent
hosts and concurrent NVT's until you find a balance that works for
you. Currently, I limit mine to 5 hosts with 4 concurrent NVT's and
have no problems running scans from a VM.