[Openvas-discuss] SQL_giveup error

NopSec info at nopsec.com
Thu Jun 5 15:29:37 CEST 2014

On 6/5/14, 9:26 AM, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014, NopSec wrote:
>> I reinstalled the latest stable release of OpenVAS-7 (including libs),
>> but the behavior persists.
>>
>> "sql_giveup: cannot initiate a transaction within an existing
>> transaction" found in openvasmd.log
> I assume this occurs when you start a scan?
>
> Have you tried getting performance data from a Slave (menu item
> Performance under Extras).
>
> Another way to learn more about it is to use omp command line tool
> to control the slave via command line.

No. I think it occurs when the slaves have messages for the master and
they try to communicate with it at the same time. The slaves are fine in
terms of performance. Actually most of the slaves finish in decent
amount of time. Some other slaves never finish because the communication
with the master fails with that error.