[Openvas-discuss] High Load on Target Machines

Arya Goudarzi goudarzi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 01:56:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have been using OpenVAS for 3 years now. However, I'd never used the
authenticated test feature of it till today. For some reason on some of the
target machines, the installed openvas user is executing bunch of 'find'
commands. I suppose this is part of a test, but running 10s of finds at the
same time was causing the load to go as high as 140 on a machine with 4
cores. What test is this, and how can I nice it? This does not happen on
all target nodes and I am running 4 NVTs at a time.

--
Cheers,
-Arya