[Openvas-discuss] Trouble connecting to scanner

Abelardo Ricart aricart at memnix.com
Sat Jun 21 07:34:50 CEST 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 12:48 -0500, W Scott Lockwood III wrote:

> Are those paths correct? On my install, they're
> in /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/CA rather than /var/lib/openvas/CA/. It
> may be necessary to copy clientcert.pem and clientkey.pem to the correct
> location.

Those paths are indeed correct. When building the various packages we
issue the following:

cmake -DSBINDIR=/usr/bin -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DSYSCONFDIR=/etc
-DLOCALSTATEDIR=/var .

openvas-check-setup is able to see the certs.

Could it be that there is a hardcoded path in openvasmd somewhere? I
built it with the same cmake command above.