[Openvas-discuss] Startup scripts and adding users, compiled from SVN source

W Scott Lockwood III scott at guppylog.com
Thu Jun 26 23:01:40 CEST 2014

So, I have successfully installed OpenVAS from source obtained via
subversion. I have two minor (I hope) outstanding problems.

#1: Where are the startup scripts? There is nothing in /etc/init.d that
starts anything.

#2: How do I add a user and know that it worked? The script the INSTALL
document refers to doesn't seem to exist anymore. Nor do several
packages actually, but everything seems to work, so I'm guessing some
things have been consolidated together. I did run openvasmd
--create-user=<user_name> but it didn't prompt me to set a password or
anything on initial user creation.

--
William Scott Lockwood III