[Openvas-discuss] Fwd: problems building OpenVAS 7 from source

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Thu May 8 20:41:21 CEST 2014

Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014, 19:02:43 schrieb Daniel Malament:
> Since there aren't packages for OpenVAS 7 yet, I decided to just build it
> from source.  However, the first compilation is failing with all sorts of
> ssh-related errors.  This is on an up-to-date Ubuntu 14.04 box.  Anyone
> have any ideas?

Apparently a problem with libssh.
The cmake step should have informed you about the libssh version found.
Maybe that was has some incompatible changes with what openvas-libraries
expects (we tested with libssh 0.5 upto 0.6 IIRC).

> [ 42%] Building C object
> nasl/CMakeFiles/openvas_nasl_shared.dir/nasl_ssh.c.o
> In file included from /root/openvas-libraries-7.0.1/nasl/nasl_ssh.c:58:0:
> /usr/include/libssh/legacy.h:34:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
> '__attribute__' before 'int'
>  LIBSSH_API int ssh_auth_list(ssh_session session);

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460