[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS architecture queries

Antonio Sanchez Arago vradick at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:10:56 CEST 2014

In the usual setup mentioned by Jan-Oliver, you can control various
managers acting as slaves. The scheme is like this:

openvas-manager (master)
    -> openvas-manager (slave) --> openvas-scanner
    -> openvas-manager (slave) --> openvas-scanner
    -> ...

You only have to create a user in the slave and configure it in the master.
When you configure a task you decide what slave you want to use, and the
master takes care of configuring the slave with the settings you have set
in the master. It's like you were managing various scanners, and you can
use the slaves as an standalone openvas-managers.

Regards.

Antonio.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM, ritesh malpani <ritesh2r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then does it mean that i cannot manage two or more scanners with the
> single manager...
>
> Regards
> Ritesh
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Jan-Oliver Wagner <
> Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net> wrote:
>
>> Am Montag, 19. Mai 2014, 20:58:23 schrieb ritesh malpani:
>> > I need to have two separate machines one working as scanner and the
>> other
>> > as OpenVAS Manager.
>> >
>> > My questions:
>> >
>> > 1. How can i do separate installations of manager and scanner as when i
>> am
>> > trying to install OpenVAS both are installing on the same machine.
>> >
>> > 2. Can a single manager manages two or more scanners ? How ?
>> >
>> > 2. Is it possible to share the same OpenVAS Manager among multiple
>> clients
>> > and If yes, then How ? ( I want to build this as a shared solution for
>> my
>> > enterprise clients.)
>>
>> the usual setup is to accompany each scanner with a manager and connect
>> the manager instances via the master-slave control (OMP).
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  ++49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
>> Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück,
>> HR B
>> 202460
>> Geschäftsführer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
>

> --
> still23

Antonio Sánchez Aragó
blog: http://vradick.blogspot.com