[Openvas-discuss] too little inodes for NVTs and invalid cross device link

Lukas Grunwald lukas at greenbone.net
Thu May 22 12:36:17 CEST 2014

On 5/22/2014 12:12 PM, Rene Behring wrote:

> Well, first i didn’t even see the problem with the inodes.
> The server admins told me that its a default installation from RHEL
> and they never had a problem with the inodes on about 500 server.
> So they won’t change the installation...

If you grow an ext3, the number of inodes did not change, so it´s an
deployment issue not an OpenVAS or Linux or Ext3 issue.

The best would be:
Backup your installation, create a NEW ext3.filesystem with the size you
need and restore your install.
Alternatively you can increase your inodes per group for the install
image within your deployment process.

You can check the status with "tune2fs -l /dev/mydevice"

e.g.:
[~]/-\>tune2fs -l /dev/md0
tune2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
Filesystem volume name: <none>