[Openvas-discuss] Aggregate Vulnerability?

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon May 26 14:49:51 CEST 2014

On Samstag, 24. Mai 2014, Johannes Schönborn wrote:
> is there a way that I can aggregate those "25 PHP vulnerabilities per Host"
> and aggregate them to just one? Like... "yo dude, fix PHP, goddammit!"
>
> This would highly reduce the length of a lot of reports I get.

It should be possible to write a xslt that produces a report
with a view in the NVTs rather than the single results.
Of course you need to list up the locations (host, ip, possibly
filename) of the single occurances.

In OpenVAS-7, there is a simplified view in the results browser for
vulnerabilities that counts the occurances. This help for understanding
the results, but does not solve the reporting like you wish.

If you feel like a developer, you perhaps like to craft some xslt from
the code in GSA of OpenVAS-7 and assemble a respective reort format plugin?

Are there more users out here who need this type of view?