[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS failing to start on Fedora 19 VM

René Behring rene.behring at gmail.com
Tue May 27 08:30:50 CEST 2014

Yes, i had the Same Problems and wrote an Email a few days ago:

Hello,
i installed openvas via the atomic repo for fedora. now i get an error when
i try to start /etc/init.d/gsad and /etc/init.d/openvas-scanner. it
installed openvas v7, but the services are for v6. in openvas v7 the
administrator is gone and the option -q for openvassd also. so i removed
the administrator options in /etc/rc.d/init.d/gsad (--alisten and --aport),
in /etc/rc.d/init.d/openvas-scanner i removed the option -q in start().
maybe it´s not the best solution, but it worked for me…

Rene