[Openvas-discuss] openvas build on centos 6

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 30 16:48:02 CEST 2014

Am 30.05.2014 16:29, schrieb Eero Volotinen:
>     maybe that's the reason why they until now not provide binaries for CentOS6
>     OpenVAS6 was a few days after the release in the Atomic repos
>
>     if it's possible Atomic will provide it, they override
>     packages if needed *and* possible, as said: why do you
>     waste *your* time while there are people building that
>     stuff all the time and have more expierience
>
>     http://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/source/gnutls/
>     http://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/source/compat-gnutls2/
>
>     however, RHEL7-RC exists and works fine until you can live
>     without a public IP and is based on Fedora 19/20
>

> Well, maybe RHEL 7 is released soon as it fixes my problems ;)

hard to say - we all know it at the day Redhat announces
the release because they never mention ny date before which
is good because otherwise sales makes pressure to classify
bugs lower and fire out a release with known issues

most likely summer, possibly July/August
the first Beta from december was not that bad

the RC is fine and stable, the only problem: donät connect
it to the WAN because there are no security updates before GA
_______________________________

however, we are using the RC internally for build up a few
new projects based on 3rd party software which is normally
not allowed in our Fedora-based infrastructure and limit
access as much as possible:

* http through a proxy with restrictions
* sshd for sftp and external workers through
  SSH forwarding on a Fedora machine limited
  to known IP adresses

the reason is simply that i want step back to Apache 2.2 and
sysvinit nor 3rd party software is that fine on Fedora with
2 major upgrades each year, Fedora is fine on 100% controlled
infrastructure where you can deploy updates for any web-app
with a singe click on dozens of machines with some hundret
vhosts and control any line of code of the deployment tools
as well as the applications :-)