[Openvas-discuss] Questionalbe use of -Werror flag

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Mon Feb 9 14:13:11 CET 2015

Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2015, 16:17:40 schrieb Reindl Harald:
> > If you want to build OpenVAS yourself, you will most likely want to use
> > the "Release" build type which disables the "-Werror" flag and other
> > debug code. To do so, simply add "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" to you
> > cmake parameters when configuring
>
> uhm shouldn't it be the opposite
>
> * default non-debug mode
> * developers use -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
>
> it makes no sense to have that as default in tarballs since most
> packagers and users are not openasv-developers and create as long is
> it compiles at all unintentional debug-builds

the developers use basically only (consverative in terms if newest releases)
Debian. Several bugs would have stayed much longer undetected if we would
have changed the current scheme. Some such warnings might help to discover
subtile bugs/problems which would cause headaches if remain unreported.

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460