[Openvas-discuss] Strange behaviour when working on scan configs

Winfried Neessen neessen at cleverbridge.com
Mon Feb 23 09:26:17 CET 2015

Hi Jan-Oliver,

> perhaps the comment validator of the edit dialog is stricter than the one of
> the importer. This could explain your first observation.

I get that, but is not allowing "just alpha-numeric characters and an
underscore" a little bit too restrictive?

> The second observation (the mess) I have never experienced or heard of.
>
> Did you exprience the same problem with other scan configs or just the one
> you manipulated with a text editor?

It also happens, when I clone one of the default configurations w/o any
editing. For ease of explanation, I took a screencast:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08MjN6ustyda3BQd1VmS2VULTg/view?usp=sharing

Winni