[Openvas-discuss] local account used for scans

Michael Meyer michael.meyer at greenbone.net
Wed Jul 1 19:26:25 CEST 2015

*** Brian Thompson wrote:

> "It was not possible to login using the provided SSH credentials.
>
> Hence authenticated checks are not enabled."

Anything in the targets sshd logs about this try?

> I've got my system locked down fairly tight so as a test, I added the local
> account I created (openvas) to the sudoers file so that it can sudo (passwd
> required), I am now able to get the more complete results and "SSH Authorization
> Check" reports a successful login attempt.  (NOTE: In case it matters, I'm
> running OpenVAS v8 on CentOS v6.4.)

If you add the user to the sudoers file of the target, the *login* is successful?
A login with the same user had failed because the user was not in the sudoers
file? I don't think that this is related to OpenVAS.

Micha

--
Michael Meyer                  OpenPGP Key: 0xAF069E9152A6EFA6
http://www.greenbone.net/