[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS 8 LDAP Authentication

Дмитрий Витенберг vitenbergd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:31:24 CEST 2015

Hello, Jan-Oliver!

I've got the similar issues with openvas ldap auth setup, here is my
question on serverfault:
http://serverfault.com/questions/701008/openvas-ldap-authentication-configuration

In brief

I use:
openvas libraries - 8.0.3 openvas manager - 6.0.3
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Openvas components compiled with ldap support :

ldd /usr/sbin/openvasmd | grep ldap
    libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libldap_r-2.4.so.2
(0x00007f83fdead000)

When i try to configure method:ldap in auth.conf config, i've got in
openvasmd.log:

lib auth:WARNING:2015-06-23 12h04.38 utc:15352: Unsupported authentication
method: method:ldap

When i try to enable method:ldap_connect, everything works fine, but for
premade users. So i create a user in ldap, then i create user in openvas,
then i enable ldap auth in gsad for the user and after that i can login
with the user ldap uid and pass to gsad web interface. It seems like it
works like "getent" not a "ldapsearch". And I've noticed that if i set
logging level to 128 in openvasmd logging config in openvasmd.log i can get
password/login of the user trying to connect in plain text format. I can't
also find the reference to method:ldap in libopenvas misc sources.

Can you provide an example of working config with method:ldapconfigured.
Thanks!