[Openvas-discuss] Informations CVE, OID, OVAL

Jonathan Rey jonathanrey at netplus.ch
Sun Jul 5 12:03:04 CEST 2015

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to have more information about the OID
structure. It is possible to obtain the whole structure about this page? =>
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-oids.html

I need to do some comparison and matching with CVE. For me, CVE is the
reference for all vulnerabilities but he is not always present in your
reports. In your reports of analyses, I saw one OID reference is always
present. With that I guess it's for referencing the vulnerability internally
and probably match with OVAL. I founded this page
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-13.html for have a matching OVAL! But I
don't understand clearly for the moment. Can you help me how I can match the
reference between OID and OVAL? Because OVAL use too the CVE reference.

Bests regards,

Jonathan Rey