[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS Installation : Error :redis-server is not running or not listening on socket: /tmp/redis.sock

Mehta, Prasad prasad.mehta at westpac.com.au
Thu Jul 16 15:52:55 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have installed the OpenVAS setup on RHEL 7 Linux machine. The installation is successful & I am able to get WEB UI for OpenVAS.

But there is no result in scanning. Only seeing error in severity.

So I run the OpenVAS Check Setup utility & found that the scanner is installed, but getting below error for redis server .

Error :redis-server is not running or not listening on socket: /tmp/redis.sock

Erro: Your OpenVas 8 installation yet not complete

I confirmed that , the server have updated redis package.

Can you please help me on how to proceed on this?

Best Regards,
Prasad Mehta
B Wing Kensington, Powai, Mumbai, India
T: +61 2 8374 0125
E: prasad.mehta at westpac.com.au<mailto:prasad.mehta at westpac.com.au>

Confidential communication
Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141)
Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation