[Openvas-discuss] Installing OpenVAS on Ubuntu

Jairo Palacios jairozafra92 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:58:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm Jairo and I'm trying to install OpenVAS in Ubuntu with the followings
commands:

*sudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get upgradesudo add-apt-repository
ppa:openvas/stablesudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install openvas-scanner
openvas-manager openvas-administrator greenbone-security-assistant
openvas-cli openvas-check-setup gsdsudo apt-get install xsltproc
sqlite3test -e /var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem  || sudo openvas-mkcert
-qsudo openvas-nvt-synctest -e /var/lib/openvas/users/om || sudo
openvas-mkcert-client -n om -isudo openvas-scapdata-syncsudo
/etc/init.d/openvas-scanner stopsudo /etc/init.d/openvas-manager stopsudo
/etc/init.d/openvas-administrator stopsudo
/etc/init.d/greenbone-security-assistant stopsudo openvassdsudo openvasmd
--migratesudo openvasmd --rebuildsudo killall openvassdsleep 15sudo
/etc/init.d/openvas-scanner startsudo /etc/init.d/openvas-manager start*
But when I try to run openvas-manager, I obtain ERROR and the following
info is attached when I run "openvas-check-setup":

*Step 1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...         OK: OpenVAS Scanner is
present in version 3.3.1.        OK: OpenVAS Scanner CA Certificate is
present as /var/lib/openvas/CA/cacert.pem.        OK: NVT collection in
/var/lib/openvas/plugins contains 40087 NVTs.        WARNING: Signature
checking of NVTs is not enabled in OpenVAS Scanner.        SUGGEST: Enable
signature checking (see http://www.openvas.org/trusted-nvts.html
<http://www.openvas.org/trusted-nvts.html>).Step 2: Checking OpenVAS
Manager ...         OK: OpenVAS Manager is present in version 3.0.6.
OK: OpenVAS Manager client certificate is present as
/var/lib/openvas/CA/clientcert.pem.        OK: OpenVAS Manager database
found in /var/lib/openvas/mgr/tasks.db.        OK: Access rights for the
OpenVAS Manager database are correct.        OK: sqlite3 found, extended
checks of the OpenVAS Manager installation enabled.        OK: OpenVAS
Manager database is at revision 56.        OK: OpenVAS Manager expects
database at revision 56.        OK: Database schema is up to date.
ERROR: The number of NVTs in the OpenVAS Manager database is too
low.        FIX: Make sure OpenVAS Scanner is running with an up-to-date
NVT collection and run 'openvasmd --rebuild'. ERROR: Your OpenVAS-5
installation is not yet complete!*
I had tried another time with "openvas-nvt-sync" but the problem doesn't
dissapear.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all
Best regards