[Openvas-discuss] global report filter

matthew.mundell at greenbone.net matthew.mundell at greenbone.net
Mon Nov 2 22:53:46 CET 2015

> Regarding global resources, the documentation says: "Any resource
> created on the GSM (scan, configuration, target, and so on) is either
> global or is owned by a specific user. Global resources are identified
> by the icon <view_other>."
>
> But there is no information about how to actually create a global
> resource. What I want to do is create a global report filter that any
> user can use but not modify. Can I do that?

You should be able to do this by creating a permission that gives
GET_FILTERS access to the role "User" for the report filter.

In GSA, as an admin user

 - create the filter
 - go to the details page for the filter
 - record the ID of the filter
 - go to Configuration > Permissions > New Permission (star icon)
 - select Name "get_filters"
 - select Subject "Role" and in the dropdown "User"
 - put the ID of the filter in the "Resource ID" field
 - click the create button.