[Openvas-discuss] GSA shutting down repeatedly with msg "Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (sexp.c:1340:vsexp_sscan)"

Wesley Botham wbotham at appliedsystems.com
Mon Nov 2 17:09:11 CET 2015

Hello Openvas-discuss,
My Greenbone keeps shutting itself down. I can just run `sudo gsad -v` again and log back in with no problems. While this is going on, I have the page set to "Refresh every 30 Sec." and the error message "Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (sexp.c:1340:vsexp_sscan)" occurs at the same time as a refresh. If I do not log in, or do not set the auto-refresh and avoid interacting with Greenbone, the error and shutdown do not occur.
The output of openvas-check-status, both after a crash and after restarting Greenbone, is attached.
My console looks like this:
vagrant at vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:/vagrant$ sudo gsad -v
vagrant at vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:/vagrant$ Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (sexp.c:1340:vsexp_sscan)
sudo gsad -v
vagrant at vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:/vagrant$ Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (sexp.c:1340:vsexp_sscan)
sudo gsad -v
vagrant at vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:/vagrant$ Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (sexp.c:1340:vsexp_sscan)
sudo gsad -v
vagrant at vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:/vagrant$
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks for your time,
Wesley J. Botham