[Openvas-discuss] Not able to open OpenVAS site

Manisha Bathia manishabathia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:04:05 CEST 2015

*Hi,*

*I  have CentOS6.4 OS on my PC. I have installed OpenVAS as per the
instructions given in your site as below:*

OpenVAS for CentOS via Atomic[image: Inline image 3]Setup and start OpenVAS
<http://www.openvas.org/setup-and-start.html>
Atomicorp Repository
<http://www.openvas.org/install-packages-v6.html#atomic>

*Step 1: Configure Atomicorp Repository*
(as user root, only once)

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

*Step 2: Quick-Install OpenVAS*
(as user root, only once)

yum upgrade

yum install openvas

openvas-setup

*Step 3: Quick-Start OpenVAS*

( nothing to do, all is up and running directly after installation )

*Step 4: Log into OpenVAS with user created in the step 2*

Open https://localhost:9392/.

*However when I run the openvas-check-setup.sh file, I get following error
in the /tmp/openvas-check-setup.log file, content is as below:*

openvas-check-setup 2.3.0

  Mode:  desktop

  Date:  Sat, 10 Oct 2015 22:43:51 +0530

Checking for old OpenVAS Scanner <= 2.0 ...

./openvas-check-setup: line 163: openvasd: command not found

Checking presence of OpenVAS Scanner ...

OpenVAS Scanner 4.0.6

Nessus origin: (C) 2004 Renaud Deraison <deraison at nessus.org>

Most new code since OpenVAS: (C) 2013 Greenbone Networks GmbH

License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2

Checking OpenVAS Scanner version ...

        ERROR: OpenVAS Scanner too old or too new: 4.0.6

        FIX: Please install OpenVAS Scanner 5.0.

I tried again installing OpenVAS Scanner 5.0 as per the above error in the
log file, however I still get the same error

*Also when I try to access the link http://localhost:9392/
<http://localhost:9392/>, I get an error saying: “Unable to retrieve
http:localhost:9392/: Error reading from socket*

*Regards,*