[Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS not finding any vulnerabilities that it find during last run

Paul Snow palm_snow at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 21:54:49 CEST 2016

I setup openvas in Kali Linux, downloaded MetaSploitable 2 VM and ran OpenVAS against it. It took a while for OepnVAS but it eventually showed many vulnerabilities (no surprise). I deleted and re-created that task against same VM but now it finishes very fast and shows no vulnerably. I try running this task multiple times but didn’t had luck. As far as I can tell task is using same configuration settings that I used before. Any ideas what could be wrong?