[Openvas-discuss] [v9] Feed updates, how often?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Mon Jan 16 16:33:18 CET 2017

* Michael.Eissele at greenbone.net <Michael.Eissele at greenbone.net>:
> Dear Ralf,
>
> usually the Feed changes once per day, mostly in the range between 12 and
> 3pm (afternoon time).
> However, due to daily maintenance in the background and updates to the Feed
> it sometimes can happen that the feed number changes more than once a day.
> This shouldn't happen too often though.
>
> If the behaviour at your side is same everyday, then it may be on the side
> of your script, but that's hard to tell without having more samples.

# /usr/sbin/greenbone-nvt-sync --feedversion
201701040742

seems to indicate the feed is from 4th of January 2017, 07:42 AM.
The script itself is syncing OK - so there's simply no update?

# /usr/sbin/greenbone-nvt-sync
OpenVAS community feed server - http://www.openvas.org/
This service is hosted by Greenbone Networks - http://www.greenbone.net/

All transactions are logged.

If you have any questions, please use the OpenVAS mailing lists
or the OpenVAS IRC chat. See http://www.openvas.org/ for details.

By using this service you agree to our terms and conditions.

Only one sync per time, otherwise the source ip will be blocked.

receiving incremental file list
plugin_feed_info.inc
          1,226 100%    1.17MB/s    0:00:00 (xfr#1, to-chk=0/1)

sent 43 bytes  received 1,330 bytes  915.33 bytes/sec
total size is 1,226  speedup is 0.89

# echo $?
0

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin