[Openvas-discuss] Fresh install and problem with openvas-scapdata-sync

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 27 15:24:49 CET 2017

Am 27.01.2017 um 11:20 schrieb Michal Chrobak:
> I have my openvas installation on ubuntu which is virtual machine (hosted od arch and kvm) with vmdk disk. I check this disk with badblocks:
> user at openvas:~$ sudo poweroff
> Connection to 192.168.121.253 closed by remote host.
> Connection to 192.168.121.253 closed.
> [mchrobak at michalc_lin] ~ $ sudo badblocks -nvs kvm/openvas.vmdk
> Checking for bad blocks in non-destructive read-write mode
> From block 0 to 7808703
> Checking for bad blocks (non-destructive read-write test)
> Testing with random pattern: done
> Pass completed, 0 bad blocks found. (0/0/0 errors)
>
> It looks like vmdk and disk of host OS is ok (I have SSD disk, buy year ago)

frankly "badblocks" on a virtual disk image should dot what exactly?

what about read the output of "dmesg" and whereever Ubunto writes the
global syslog at times where probles appear?

look in your systemlogs on the host and the virtual machine, in the best
case the was only concurrency from other guests and you would see
something like "[ 1985.288632] hrtimer: interrupt took 2895550 ns" or
disk timouts in the guest

disk timeouts are happening here regulary when the host does it's weekly
raid-check and the backup vm it's monthly rsync --checksums over 1 TB
btrfs compressed data on a LUKS encryption layer at the same time

but that's not the production host