[Openvas-discuss] Scanning for vulnerabilities in Oracle Database

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Sat Apr 7 17:56:23 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have been using OpenVas vulnerability scanning for sometime now.

I am trying to scan for Oracle Database on Windows to start with for
vulnerabilities. When I select Full & Fast scan config, I receive report
"Oracle tns lister refused connection" error. It detects the ports
properly, but Oracle tns listner refuses the connection. I tried to
create a new scan config, selected Databases NVT. It resulted 0
vulnerabilites  whereas Oracle 11g is running on the target host.

How do I scan Oracle for vulnerabilities? Can some one guide me how to
proceed further?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava