[Openvas-distro] Debian freezes and OpenVAS not fully integrated.

Jan Wagner waja at cyconet.org
Mon Aug 4 00:46:51 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Friday 01 August 2008 09:56, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I've seen the note that Debian freezes for Lenny and no new packages are
> accepted.

thats true.

> Unfortunately not even openvas-libnasl did make it. We have only
> openvas-client and openvas-libraries in Debian.
> Thus Debian will continue to ship Nessus instead of OpenVAS and drive
> people into a proprietary direction :-(

The point is, the timeframe for the freeze was well known. So whole problem is
based on the timeframe of maintainers in relationship with sponsors. No need
to blame the debian project for that fact.
Anyways ... we can try to work on the packages as well into experimental (and
so going through NEW) and when lenny is released, reupload them into unstable
and let them migrate to testing. As far as they are there, I'm able to upload
the packages to backports.org (lenny-backports), which shouldn't such a big
thing at all.

With kind regards, Jan.
--
Never write mail to <waja at spamfalle.info>, you have been warned!