[Openvas-distro] Urgent: Packaging for Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Wed Aug 20 16:38:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

even though we did not manage to get all OpenVAS packages into Debian Lenny,
I'd like to direct your attention to the fact that it is still possible to
get the packages into the Ubuntu repository before they freeze for Intrepid
which is due for release in October.

The status for Intrepid is that both -client and -libraries are already there
and have replaced their Nessus counterparts while nessus-libraries, -plugins
and -core are still present.

I talked to the Ubunto-MOTUs (the people responsible for the packaging there)
yesterday and they are looking forward to adding the remaining OpenVAS
packages. The only thing we need to do is to get the packages ready before
they do the Feature Freeze for Intrepid on *August 28th*.

I'd volunteer to work on that, but since I have very little experience with
packaging I will need someone with more experience to work with me on that.

We can't afford to lose much time on this if we want OpenVAS to ship with
Intrepid, so I'd like some feedback (or better yet, help) from you on this
very soon.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Wiegand                                   OpenPGP key: D7D049EC
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück                    http://www.intevation.de/