[Openvas-distro] Urgent: Packaging for Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

Jan Wagner waja at cyconet.org
Wed Aug 20 16:47:33 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 16:38, Michael Wiegand wrote:
> even though we did not manage to get all OpenVAS packages into Debian
> Lenny, I'd like to direct your attention to the fact that it is still
> possible to get the packages into the Ubuntu repository before they freeze
> for Intrepid which is due for release in October.
>
> The status for Intrepid is that both -client and -libraries are already
> there and have replaced their Nessus counterparts while nessus-libraries,
> -plugins and -core are still present.
>
> I talked to the Ubunto-MOTUs (the people responsible for the packaging
> there) yesterday and they are looking forward to adding the remaining
> OpenVAS packages. The only thing we need to do is to get the packages ready
> before they do the Feature Freeze for Intrepid on *August 28th*.
>
> I'd volunteer to work on that, but since I have very little experience with
> packaging I will need someone with more experience to work with me on that.
>
> We can't afford to lose much time on this if we want OpenVAS to ship with
> Intrepid, so I'd like some feedback (or better yet, help) from you on this
> very soon.

the first you can do here .... ask if they are willing to upload
http://ftp.cyconet.org/debian/archive/official/openvas-libnasl/1.0.1-1/openvas-libnasl_1.0.1-1.dsc

I asked jfs to upload it to (Debian) unstable, but no response yet. Since
Daniel returned yesterday from DebConf I also asked him todo so, but I guess
he is still busy with regeneratig from a 36h travel trip, working on backlog
and usual life, so this may take some time.

With kind regards, Jan.
--
Never write mail to <waja at spamfalle.info>, you have been warned!