[Openvas-distro] Uploading openvas-server and openvas-plugins packages to Debian

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Fri Aug 22 05:07:27 CEST 2008

After uploading updated versions of openvas-libnasl and openvas-libraries
(although this has been already uploaded) I have worked extensively in
openvas-server and openvas-plugins to try to get some packages out into NEW.

I have commited many changes to SVN which were needed to package these two
properly. Feel free to comment on any of the (many changes) I've made.
Hopefully the SVN commit logs are self-explanatory.find_service.nes

I've built the packages and tested them locally with openvas-client and
user/password connections work OK and receive all the plugins from the server
(3504 plugins actually). If I try a run, however, I get a SIGSEGV right after
the find_service.nes plugin finishes and the first plugin starts. (!)

In any case, I'm right now uploading openvas-server (1.0.1-1) and
openvas-plugins (1.0.2-1) to Debian, with all the changes I've introduced.
Even though they might not get accepted through NEW the first time this way
we can keep the ball rolling...

Regards

Javier