[Openvas-distro] Plugins aren't executed anymore

Michael Wiegand michael.wiegand at intevation.de
Mon Aug 25 08:32:50 CEST 2008

Stephan,

this sounds like the SIGSEGV issue that was present in the -server 1.0.1.

Could you confirm you are using -server 1.0.1 and maybe check the last few
lines of the openvasd.messages log file? In this case, the bug most likely
does not originate from the -libraries version and is already fixed in the
upcoming -server 1.0.2 release.

Regards,

Michael

Am Sonntag, 24. August 2008 17:07:35 schrieb Stephan Kleine:
> Hi folks.
>
> My apologgies for the late report but I just recognized that the
> plugins aren't executed during a scan.
>
> More verbose: The plugins get successfully downloaded & listed when
> the client connects to the server but when one starts a scan it only
> scans the ports and doesn't use the plugins although all are selected.
>
> I'm sure that this worked with the official openvas-libraries 1.0.2
> version but I apparently forgot to test it with the SVN version we
> used to get it building again on Fedora and Mandriva (SVN revision
> 1023).
>
> Therefore I would like to ask you to investigate this and to release a
> new version which executes the plugins again.
>
> best regards
> Stephan

Michael Wiegand                                   OpenPGP key: D7D049EC
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück                    http://www.intevation.de/
Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998