[Openvas-plugins] Documentation on how to write plugins?

Michael Meyer michael.meyer at intevation.de
Wed Nov 18 15:54:32 CET 2009

Hello,

*** Alec de Zegher <alec.dezegher at esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> However after reading for about an hour on the OpenVPS website I
> didn't find clear information about where to start to write a
> plugin,

Have a look at the NASL-Referenz at

http://www.virtualblueness.net/nasl.html
http://www.nessus.org/doc/nasl2_reference.pdf

> and were I could find an existing plugin (as a point of
> start). Could  somebody point  me out on how would be the best way
> to get familiar with writing scripts?

Do you have OpenVAS installed? Then, after executing "openvas-nvt-sync",
you should find all plugins in "lib/openvas/plugins/". Full path depends
on your installation.

You can also get the latest plugins from:
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-nvt-feed-current.tar.bz2

Try to start with that informations. If you have any question feel
free to ask here at the list or send me a mail.

Micha

--
Michael Meyer                                         OpenPGP Key: 76E050B9
http://www.intevation.de