[Skencil-devel] Skencil build issues in modern environment

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu May 3 10:30:51 CEST 2007

Hi Adam,

thanks for the good write up and for fixing Skencil for Mandriva!

On Thursday 03 May 2007 02:57, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Note that I haven't yet tested the x86-64 build, not having an x86-64
> machine handy to test on (I build via ssh on our build cluster's x86-64
> machine, but I can't run X apps on it). I have tested the i586 build on
> Mandriva 2007 and it appears to work OK.

There has been a patch fixing a 64bit problem two days ago:
http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/skencil/branches/skencil-0.6/Pax/fontobject.c?root=skencil&rev=694&r1=686&r2=694

> Hope this is interesting to all. If anyone wants to help on the Tcl/Tk
> 8.5 / font issue, that would be greatly welcomed :)

Yes, this is all very interesting!
We need to incoporate your changes in the Skencil codebase
(and help with this is appreciated).

What problems do remain for you after your changes?

Bernhard R.