[Skencil-devel] Skencil build issues in modern environment

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu May 3 11:02:17 CEST 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 10:42, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > There has been a patch fixing a 64bit problem two days ago:
> > http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/skencil/branches/sk
> >encil-0.6/Pax/fontobject.c?root=skencil&rev=694&r1=686&r2=694
>
> Yes, that's in my package (it's SVN rev 695).

Very good, I was only making this sure.

> > > Hope this is interesting to all. If anyone wants to help on the Tcl/Tk
> > > 8.5 / font issue, that would be greatly welcomed :)
> >
> > Yes, this is all very interesting!
> > We need to incoporate your changes in the Skencil codebase
> > (and help with this is appreciated).
>
> I'm not qualified for that, I'm not a coder at all :) I just try to make
> the stuff build.

Most of the changes you have made are for the build code
which is part of the code base. We just have to separate the generel
improvements from the Mandriva specific ones.

Generel should go into the main code
and specific ones we could add to our repository in a
packaging/mandriva subdirectory.

> > What problems do remain for you after your changes?
>
> No functional problems I know of.

Ah, this is good to know.

> Just the thing about installing
> to /usr/lib/skencil : it doesn't seem right.
>
> I forgot to mention some other things in my mail...we have the following
> two workarounds in the spec, too, they pre-date my changes:

As I said, we could add the mandriva specs to the Skencil repository,
but I know that you already maintain them in your SCM, so it might
not be necessary. So we only need to extract which of your changes
are interesting for all Skencil users/builders.

Best,
Bernhard R.