[Skencil-devel] Revitalising Skencil

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:21:06 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010 20:10:30 schrieb Igor Novikov:
> > I have completed preparing 1.0aplha. 12 Skencil packages have been
> > compiled for announce. Each package has been tested manually on
> > according platform for dependencies and application was launched for
> > testing run.
> >
> > I have updated news on Skencil website and create Skencil page
> > on sk1progect.org as a package download page:
> >
> > http://sk1project.org/viewpage.php?page_id=21
> >
> > Also I have updated Russian localization because it was incomplete and
> > incorrect in some phrases.
>
> Cool!
> You could also use the skencil.org -> wald repositories for the tarball
> if you'd like to. :)
>
> I think we should send a message to skencil-users and others.
> Let me see if I can do this in the next days.

I have send announcement in skencil-users and posted news on Russian
Linux related portals. Here is package download statistics for first day:

Ubuntu 10.10                            25
Ubuntu 10.10 64bit                   7
Ubuntu 10.04                            26
Ubuntu 10.04 64bit                   9
Mint9                                          3
Mint9 64bit                                 2
Fedora 13                                  6
Fedora 13 64bit                         3
Mandriva 2010                          6
Mandriva 2010 64bit                 4
OpenSuse 11.2                         4
OpenSuse 11.2 64bit                4
skencil 1.0alpha sources           21

Of course these data are not for serious analyzis but Ubuntu packages are
most popular. So porting on Gtk is a right way.

BTW we have a first bugreport :)

http://sk1project.org/news.php?readmore=65#comments

It seems Skencil font system should be seriosly improved.

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project
http://sk1project.org