[Skencil-devel] Debian packaging removal

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 6 10:27:32 CEST 2010

Hi,
I just saw that Debian has removed Skencil, because the lack of a
maintainer. Thanks to Daniel for maintaining skencil so far!

He wrote in:

  I'm orphaning skencil due to lack of interest in this package.

  This package is, from the debian point of view, in good shape and is
  pretty easy, makes it ideal for any New Maintainer. In case a non-DD
  maintainer wants to take this package over, I'll offer to sponsor it.

  However, skencils upstream has disappeared two years ago and skencil
  definitely needs some love upstream wise. Any potential taker should
  therefore like to work with tcl/tk. Upstream did start porting to gtk at
  some point, however, that disappeared as well.

So it seems to be easy to adopt the package if somebody wants to.

I am still using Skencil occasionally. So it would be cool to keep it
in Debian. Also if it is working nicely, why not keeping it in there?

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.