[Skencil-devel] Revitalising Skencil (Re: Debian packaging removal)

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 18:04:05 CEST 2010

Hi Bernhard!

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Bernhard Herzog <
bernhard.herzog at intevation.de> wrote:

> On 07.09.2010, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 7. September 2010 16:37:06 schrieb Igor Novikov:
> > > Great! I will create 0.6.18 branch to store all old sources unmodified.
> >
> > Not necessary, 0.6.17 is tagged, just go at the skencil-0.6 branch.
>
> Well "store all old sources unmodified" sounds a bit scary, although it's
> not
> clear to me what that might mean exactly.

If we create a copy of
skencil-0.6/<http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/skencil/branches/skencil-0.6/?root=skencil>
as a skencil-0.6.18/ we provide an easy access
to ver.0.6.17 for users which prefer SVN version of application.

If such branching style is not suitable for the project so I can commit all
changes into skencil-0.6/

> Anyway, if the changes to 06
> branch are done in such a way that it's possible to follow them by reading
> the diffs (i.e. small self-contained changes with good commit messages),
> that
> may be OK.  But please don't do any wholesale changes like converting all
> indents to tabs without prior discussion.

It's naturally because Skencil has own style coding conventions.

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project
http://sk1project.org