[Skencil-devel] Revitalising Skencil

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:20:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 23. September 2010 10:52:50 schrieb Igor Novikov:
> > Since rev.734 mixed indentation has been resolved and Skencil works on
> > tk8.5:
> >
> > http://saveimg.ru/pictures/23-09-10/229f91cb44862610f1c8787020beb341.png
> >
> > Compilation errors for tk8.6 are not resolved yet but it's not a serious
> > issue.
> > So we can say that project is already revitalized.
>
> Very cool!
> Please also add your name as contributor and those from your team
> that also have helped.
>
> To me you are the release manager of 1.0alpha... so you should add your
> name in the about screen as well.

I think it would be great creating tabbed "About" dialog with "Authors",
"Contributors" and
"Translators" tabs to mention all guys participated in Skencil development.
Because now
this info is accessible for package maintainers only.

Also I have committed fixes for tk8.6 so we can start the next iteration -
improving UI and
fixing rendering issues.

As a first step I would propose to import colors and fonts values from Gtk
environment.
Tk widgetset looks as a stranger in Gnome/KDE because has own preferences. A
lot of
Skencil potential users have Gimp, Inkscape and other Gtk applications. So
they have
already set up Gtk according to their preferences. Therefore Gtk settings
will be
acceptable for Skencil UI.

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project