[Skencil-devel] [Skencil-commits] r736 - skencil/branches/skencil-0.6/src/extensions/Modules

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:56:37 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de> wrote:

> scm-commit at wald.intevation.org writes:
>
> > Author: igor_n
> > Date: 2010-09-23 14:02:00 +0200 (Thu, 23 Sep 2010)
> > New Revision: 736
> >
> > Added:
> >    skencil/branches/skencil-0.6/src/extensions/Modules/ImPlatform.h
> >    skencil/branches/skencil-0.6/src/extensions/Modules/Imaging.h
> > Modified:
> >    skencil/branches/skencil-0.6/src/extensions/Modules/skimage.c
> > Log:
> > fix to simplify PIL support
>
> Is that really a good idea?  Are we sure that there are now binary
> incompatible changes between different PIL versions?  From which PIL
> version are these, anyway?
>
>   Bernhard

As you know PIL support is a troubles source for packages with native
binding to PIL image object because PIL headers are installed in different
places
depending on distro. Sometimes not in /usr/include but in
/usr/lib/$PYTHON/...
In Skencil mail list you can find related threads.

Skencil native extension includes core ImagingMemoryInstance structure
reference only. The structure is not changed during latest versions
including
last 1.1.8 version. So including these headers simplifies a project build
under different platforms. If this structure will be changed in future PIL
versions we will need fixing skimage.c code anyway. Because even now
access to ImagingMemoryInstance is rather a hack than a regular
solution due to PIL architecture (in skimage.c there is redefining for
ImagingObject structure)

As alternate way we can redefine ImagingMemoryInstance in skimage.c

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project
http://sk1project.org