[Skencil-users] skLatex tetex 3.x

jbiddier jbiddier at comcast.net
Mon Apr 17 14:12:35 CEST 2006

Some corrections:

I have found that teTeX 3.0 under SuSE 9.3 does work with sklatex (I was
using that machine for testing for some time and thought is was running
teTeX 2.0. But it is running teTeX 3.0 :-0. ).  Fabian has reported that
teTeX 3.0 under Debian seems to work OK with sklatex.

The Solaris sunfreeware package seems to have a configuration problem
(seeing I can't compile any tex files. Which was the problem. Good thing
I did not upgrade my development box.). I get the following error:
"Can't find the format file latex.fmt" If you know what that means,
shoot me an e-mail.

Until then, I will only claim that teTeX 3.0 is known to work under SuSE
9.3 and Debian (latest). When more platforms are known to work
(including Solaris), I make the claim that teTeX 3.0 is supported.

Thanks.

--J