[Skencil-users] problem with sk2ps and skconvert

Christian Schneider chschneider at freenet.de
Sat Aug 5 21:41:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've just tried the command line tools sk2ps and skconvert to convert an
Adobe Illustrator file to EPS/PDF. The AI file can be opened with
skencil (0.6.16 under SuSE 9.3), it can be edited and saved as EPS or
PDF without any problems. Unfortunatly, converting the file on the
command line does not work (neither under SuSE 9.3 with skencil 0.6.16
or 0.6.17 nor under Kubuntu with skencil 0.6.15).

I tried commands like

sk2ps test.ai test.ps
skconvert test.ai test.pdf

The output is attached to this e-mail.

I do not think that this problem is related to the input file format, as
I get a long list of error messages even when trying to convert a
skencil file to some other format.

Why doesn't it work?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,