[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1? (was: sK1)

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 01:36:01 CET 2006

Hi Simon,

>Fontconfig is definitely the way to go here. It makes it nice and easy
>to install a font - just drop into a directory...

KDE font installer more simple - just right mouse click on font file in
Konqueror :)

>While I am not sure about the gnome libraries, I believe that GTK+ is an
>excellent choice for a toolkit. I am biased of course, but as a Gimp
>developer I cannot say that we are "bound" to the GTK+ life cycle. It
>usually depends on you, if you really want to use the most recent
>features or if you can resist  :)

On my opinion Tkinter is more flexible and more stable than pyGtk, because
it just
translates Tcl string commands to wish interpreter. More over Tk-based
applications are
faster than pyGtk-based, at least on Gtk 2.x. Therefore "GimpToolKit" is an
excellent
choise for Gimp, but this rule is not useful for all applications :).

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team
http://sk1.sf.net