[Skencil-users] Skencil on Mandriva and packaging.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 5 19:15:31 CET 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 01:13, Igor Novikov wrote:
> >Can you tell us on what you needed to change to build Skencil on Mandriva
> >2007? (Best on skencil-devel.)
>
> hmm... complex question. As you understand, the main problem is compilation
> of
> Skencil native modules. The following files are absent in MDK2007
> distribution,
> as in regular rpm, and in devel rpm:
>
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-2.0.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-x11-2.0.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-pixbuf-2.0.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-pixbuf-xlib-2.0.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pango.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pangoft2.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pangox.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pangoxft.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/atk.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/pygtk-2.0.pc

Wouldn't this be an issue that should be reported to Mandriva?

> May be this list is not complete. I just copied these files from my Wing
> IDE installation
> (it contains own gtk+ engine and package configs) and manualy edit paths in
> all these files.
> But it seems the best way is a build without pkgconfig support, at least
> for MDK2007.

Hmm I wonder how other gtk applications build themselfs.
Maybe we just need to update setup.py a bit.

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)