[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Tue Dec 12 21:03:12 CET 2006

"Igor Novikov" <igor.e.novikov at gmail.com> writes:

> To achieve antialiasing effect canvas usage (AggDraw, libart, tkZinc etc.)
> is not a good way, because usually these canvas widgets have own internal
> model. On my opinion the simplest way is additional renderer which can be
> dynamically switched.

That sounds like the way it's done in Skencil 0.7, too :-)

> For this role we choise Cairo, because this library is
> opensource (unlike AntiGrainGeometry lib)

Having worked with neither, I can't say anything about their technical
advantages and disadvantages, but antigrain 2.5 is free software under
the GPL, if I'm not mistaken:
http://www.antigrain.com/license/index.html

The older versions use the non-free "General Polygon Clipper (GPC)
License", though.

Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/