[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 19 12:58:26 CET 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 18:21, Igor Novikov wrote:
> > Ubuntu Edgy Eft (the most recent release of Ubuntu) contains Skencil
> > 0.6.17 prepared by Daniel Baumann.
>
> May be, I checked  skencil/sketch packages in October for Kubuntu Dapper.
> Skencil 0.6.17 was released at June 18, 2005, but package was updated at
> the end of 2006. It is not a good situation. It seems that project lost
> community
> support. I think it would be great if Skencil 0.7 will be released in
> nearest future.

As far as I can see Skencil 0.7 is not ready for primetime yet,
so a new release of 0.7 would not make users that happy.
It is quite good that we do have a recent Debian package for 0.6.
I believe this to be a result of revamping the website,
actively asking for maintainers and moving to the wald infrastructre.