[Skencil-users] Project Support Open Source (SOS) wanted to donation to your project

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jun 1 14:39:52 CEST 2006

Dear Bob,

Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 09:10 schrieb Bob Mutch:
> Hi my name is Bob Mutch and I am the owner of Solutions with Service, a
> Canadian company that uses open source software products.
>
> I have started a project called “Project SOS” (Support Open Source) to
> help fund free and open source software projects.

we (myself and Bernhard Herzog who is the main Skencil developer)
like your initiative of financially contributing to Free Software a lot!

Sorry for not answering earlier, first your email looked a bit like spam
and secondly we freshly opened up a paypal account that can take
Skencil payments.

> I would like to make a donation to your open source work
> http://www.skencil.org/ though our project.

This is great news!

> Here is the page that how the donations work.
> http://www.seocompany.ca/project-support-open-source.html

> Do you have a page where you give acknowledgement to your sponsors?

Yes, let my answer the questions I got from your website in full:

|  Will you be able to place the an acknowledgement of each donation on your |
| website?

Yes.

| What page would you be putting the acknowledgement on?

http://www.skencil.org/payments.html
but this might change in the future to a seperate page,
if we receive many more statements.

| What is your PayPal account email?

paypal a-t intevation.net

| What license is your software project released under (GPL, BSD, GNU, or what
| ever) and what is the URL of the page where the license information is
| posted?

GNU LGPL http://www.skencil.org/index.html (bottom)
Some smaller parts are distributed under a Python-style license.

| What was the date of the first version of your software.

Oktober 1998

| How many different versions of the projects software have been released?

More then 30.

| Is your project currently active?

Yes, though moving slowly right now.

Best Regards,