[Skencil-users] fontdoc and skeffects

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Wed May 17 00:27:07 CEST 2006

jbiddier (jbiddier at comcast.net) wrote:
> The font doc is still not complete, but is good enough to post the news.
>
> I fixed small errors here and there and added a checking SFD files with
> the check-skencil-sfd.py script section and fleshed out the ruler font
> configuration section. I think the document is good enough for use.
>
> I have not decided what  license to use yet for the document (I don't
> want to manage a collaborative doc. I just what to post it and forget it
> ;-) ). I will figure out the license part when I actually finish the
> document.
>
> The URL (note the "s" in sbiddier):
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~sbiddier/fontdoc/
>
> Also, the URL for skEffects (also ready for use):
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jbiddier/skEffects/

Ok, this is probably the wrong thread to complain about this, but this
is the first time the SFD-files come to my attention.

Can we please, please, please rename the files from SFD to something
else? SFD is also used as "Spline Font Database" by Fontforge
(see http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/sfdformat.html ).

I'd suggest SFM (Skencil font mapping) or SFI (Skencil font information)
would be better choices.

Is it too late to change this?

Bye,
        Simon