[Skencil-users] fontdoc and skeffects

jbiddier jbiddier at comcast.net
Tue May 16 14:08:07 CEST 2006

Simon Budig wrote:

> Ok, this is probably the wrong thread to complain about this, but this
> is the first time the SFD-files come to my attention.

You got to complain somewhere. ;-). Might as well be here. :-)
> Can we please, please, please rename the files from SFD to something
> else? SFD is also used as "Spline Font Database" by Fontforge
> (see http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/sfdformat.html ).

I dont' think that can be done - easily at least. The ".sfd" string is
in the code.

But, if you read the doc, you will see that you can put a SFD file in
any directory known to Skencil regardless where the fonts are. Thus, you
can load all the SFDs in the Fontmetric directory (away from all the
other directories the "Spline Font Database" may use). This is a feature
of the Skencil font mechanism

Thanks.

--J